Feeling a little overwhelmed with the new normal? We have some ideas tat will help keep your mind happy.
While there is no sugar coating a global pandemic, there are things that you can do that will help brighten your mood and make you feel those warm fuzzy feelings that life is lacking right now. Here are 20 things that will brighten your mood while keeping you both busy and calm during quarantine.
1. Organise a House Party or Zoom call with your BFF’s. Nothing can cheer you up quite like a chat with your besties. Grab a wine, organise a game of virtual trivia and have a laugh or cry if required.
2. Watch some videos of puppies. Have you ever seen a puppy video and not felt instantly happy?
3. Write down your favourite movies and have a movie night. I don’t know about you, but watching The Holiday, Notting Hill and Parent Trap all in one night sounds like the greatest plan ever.
4. Have a bath. Add in some epsom salts or a bath bomb if you have one and relax.
5. Start a vision board of all the goals you’d like to achieve once isolation is over. Why not go the extra mile and photoshop your future self into them. Perhaps you’re travelling around Europe or living in your dream house. The photos will help you visualise your future goals and also add to the fun.
6. Learn a new recipe. Thankfully, the internet is full of incredible recipes that are also free. Find something that you’ve always wanted to make or plan to make for your friends and family at your next dinner party once it’s allowed.
7. Apply some self tan. It’s true what they say, nothing will make you feel as good as a tan does. Just because you’re stuck inside doesn't mean that you can’t reach for your favourite Bali Body Self Tanning Mousse and give yourself a bronzed glow.
8. Go for a walk in the fresh air. No explanation needed.
9. Do a dance workout. It’s fun, free and you get a workout that doesn't feel like a workout at all. Siri, play Taylor Swift Shake It Off.
10. Purchase some candles online and make your home feel like a day spa. Make yourself a DIY face scrub with some honey and oats and day dream about being in a hot place sun tanning with BB tanning oils.
11. Write down some goals for the week. They can be as simple as making your bed every morning and calling your Mum every night. Setting and achieving small goals for the week will give you some positive, happy thoughts and feelings.
12. Do a guided meditation class online.
13. Write down 3 things you’re grateful for everyday. Do this every morning for a month and you will be so surprised how far a little gratitude goes for a healthy mindset.
14. Learn a new TikTok dance. We know you’ve been practising the savage dance in private. Get your housemate or a family member involved and make some fun of it. Make sure you give Bali Body a follow on TikTok too.
15. Spend some time away from your phone. Have a social media free day every now and again. Sometimes it’s nice to step away from watching everyone else’s lives to just be present and grateful for your own.
16. Declutter your room. Go full Marie Kondo mode and give your room a massive spring clean. You might even find that cute top you lost last summer.
17. Watch some reality TV. Our top picks include new seasons Keeping Up With The Kardashians and Real Housewives.
18. Start that book that you’ve been planning to read for the last 12 months. Nothing passes time quite like a beautiful novel. Whether you need to deep dive into some self love and development at the moment or you’re reading a love story, it really is the best way to wind down after a stressful day.
19. Call your family. While you might not be able to visit anyone in the flesh at the moment, it doesn't mean you can’t stay in touch online.
20. Remember that this time in our lives won’t last forever.