Introducing the Acai Bowl - the new breakfast superfood! It's pretty, it's good for you .. need we say more?
It’s made up of frozen acai puree and topped with things like fresh fruit, granola, coconut - whatever you like! And to top it of, Acai ranks among the highest antioxidant rich foods! Acai berries pack more grams of protein than an egg (say what?), and when combined with its host of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, acai has been shown to improve the look and texture of your hair, skin and nails.
- Frozen Acai Puree (we love this one by Amazonia)
- Granola (try out Five Am Organics)
- Fresh fruit and/or berries
- Chia seeds (Shop Macro Organics for a bargain!)
- Flaked coconut (shop Honest To Goodness here)
- Blend your Acai puree and pour into bowl
- Now it's time to top up! Add your granola (just enough to cover most of the bowl)
- Add your fresh fruit and berries. We love to use banana's, blueberries, raspberries and goji berries
- Sprinkle your nuts and coconut over the top and voila!